Tuesday, October 4, 2016

E iba guiado por el Espíritu...

Good afternoon mis queridos! ¿Cómo andan?

So this week was pretty special. Transfers came, transers left, and it looks like I'll be staying in Soldati yet another transfer! But I'm not even complaining right now because I love the members here and get to finish Elder Justice's training. The other missionaries call me 'Eterno Hardcastle' y bueno, soy capo. The best thing was that I think one family thought I was going and they made us a small mountain of churros FILLED with dulce de leche and COVERED in chocolate. Mhmm. I hope we see a repeat at the end of this next transfer. =)

So Let's talk about our good friend, el Espíritu Santo for a little bit. He is going to be the main focus of my week because I truly felt like I was blessed a ton with knowing where to go and what to do. And that is a great feeling, and an assurance to me that I am doing what God wants me to do.

So my companion is great. He has been having a bit of a health problem and it has left him pretty beat. The other day we were out in the calle and were thinking that it was probably time for him to head back to the apartment because he was pretty whooped, but he is a trooper wanted to hand out Libros de Mormón first. So as we were wrapping up and walking to the bus stop, I felt to stop by the house of an old lady who was outside drinking mate with her son. This lady made it pretty apparent that she was well invested in her religion, but I decided to let her say her piece so I could share a bit as well and maybe talk to her son who seems a little more open. But then a less active lady came over that I have been trying to communicate with since forever, and we were able to talk to her! And it was definitely the needed moment, and I am pretty sure that is the reason why the impression to talk! We were then able to share with her a few promised from the Libro de Mormon on how to build up happiness. Now she just has to act and will be able to see the miracles that the restored Gospel makes in our lives!

And then Spirit was poured out in General Conference! I hope you all prepared your questions before it started, because it was really just a fiesta espiritual. Like really. Especially the Saturday morning sesión! I really loved Sister McConkie's talk about calling upon God through prayer, and aligning our will with His. Also Elder Cornish really outdid himself with his talk about putting forth our best work and even though it will never be enough, WE CAN MAKE IT! They are both definitely print-worthy. I just love conference. I received so many answers to my questions, and understood more about how to receive and recognize revelation.

And then... yesterday! So in correlation with our 12 semanas training (an extra hour of study for new missionaries) and the visión of our mission, we spent some time yesterday studying and talking about the Libro de Mormón, and how reading it and asking our Heavenly Father if it is true can answer any doubt or objection that a person has about it. Later on in the day, we were able to put that knowledge into action! We decided to contact almost every single door in the pasillo (don't know that Word in English... alley?) of a few members (the ones that made us churros). As we were nearing to the end, a was talking with a man who said he was Christian. As I was testifying about the Libro de Mormón, he interrupted me and was like 'this is all great but only the Bible is the word of God'. He was being a bit persistent, and I was not willing to give in, thank you very much, and so I told him that only if he read it and asked God if it was true would he know of the truthfulness. But I said it a lot cooler and in Castellano and my companion and I both agreed that it was a righteous spiritual 'whopping'. All in all, he didn't want a copy, but I sure left that door feeling pretty spiritually pumped up!

So that was the week I had! I hope you all know that the Gospel is so true, and all we need to is experiment with it to see the wonderously miraculous results that WILL come. ''...si es que guardáis mis mandamientos, seréis conducidos hacia la tierra prometida, y sabréis que yo soy el que os conduce'' (1 Nefi 17:13). I love the Gospel, and I love being a missionary! I love enjoying the guidance and direction of the Holy Ghost in my life, and I invite YOU ALL to pay more attention to His voice this week. His words of those of the Lord!

Have a safe week you guys. See you all soon enough!


Con amor,
Elder Hardcastle =)

Picures,
1 ''Truth is the fragrance of the soul''
2 and 3 Worldwide Day of Service!




 GENERAL CONFERENCE IN ENLGISH FOR 'LOS YANKEES'
Also, Megan Weston please note that Elder Duffin and I are in the same district!
Okay bye

No comments:

Post a Comment