Monday, October 31, 2016

A Halloween Miracle!

Hello my friends! HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

We were blessed this last week with the baptism of Marta (the sassy golden investigator from a few weeks ago) and her two kids! It all seemed to go by pretty quick, but I am happy and they were ready. Her kids have been coming to church now for about a month, and Marta came twice with us and had attended before, and so it was a quick miracle that's come to us, and I'm really thankful. The bishop is also pretty dang happy (Marta is his sister) and keeps saying that this baptism was truly a miracle. He also told me that he thinks that that was the reason I stayed here, and that now I will go to another area, haha. It has been five and a half months since I've had a baptism in this area, and even though four baptisms are not very many 'fruits' for what will almost be nine months in this area, I am happy because these are some of the best people I have ever met, and I am so confident in them and know there are great things in store for them. 

This was actually a pretty good week for Barrio Villa Soldati, because the other elders in the ward also baptized a family Saturday. Both of the families are killer, have good connections with the members, and have both made us asado, so you could say that the work is definitely progressing in this part of the vineyard=) 

Also, yesterday in the asado with the other elders, I tried intestine and liver. Intestine tastes better than liver grilled, if you were curious. 

On another note, I have started reading Elder J. Devin Cornish's talk from this last conference, and it has become one of my all time favorites! Sometimes I feel overwhelmed with all the stuff we have to do as missionaries and as members of the Church. The talk helps me remember that we can only do our best effort and as long as we really try and repent often, it will all be okay. AND IT'S TRUE. I know I am far from being the perfect missionary (or a perfect human for that matter), but if I look back from when I first started my mission to now, I can easily say that I have improved and have become a more dedicated follower of Christ. I wan't 'bad' before I left on my mission. In fact, I really tried to be 'good'. But in these last 16 months or so God has really blessed me and strengthened me as I've gone through this path harder by far than all the other ones I've taken. It's hard, and I'm not perfect, but it is so good. 

That's what I've got for right now folk. Have fun begging for candy tonight, and I'll see you all soon enough!

Elder Hardcastle=)

¡¡¡BAUTISMO!!!


 The bishop doing his thing

 Me almost being burned on the rear end

ASADO


We got on the roof and snapped some photos. The building in the back is an abandoned hospital (actually tons of people live there, but as far as being a hospital, it's abandoned)




No comments:

Post a Comment