Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Cat Lady for the Win

Hello Family and Friends!

This week was interesting. Last pday Elder Boccazzi got a phone call that he got his flight plans, and would be leaving THE NEXT DAY. Surprise. So Tuesday we took all his stuff to Presidente Smith's house and went with Pte and Hna Smith to lunch. They took us to this fancy American restaurant, called Kansas. It was really good and it was weird seeing a menu in English. Anyways we passed a good moment with the Smiths and Pte. Smith let us in on some mission secrets about some upcoming stuff in the mission. And then it was time to go and I said goodbye to Elder Boccazzi, and said hello to my new companions, Elder Sagripanti and Elder Justice.

Same area, same Elder Hardcastle, different companions. The trio life is back again! The third time is the charm, right?

This week we started with a lot of passion. Elder Sagripanti, a district leader, got us all pumped up and got me out of my comfort zone by doing a Book of Mormon presentation in the train one day, and then singing before the leadership meeting in the subway and train with another companionship of Elders until the security told us to stop. =) He is really good at pushing me to do things that are hard for me. 

This week with this new Book of Mormon initiative we have we started with great fire. Presidente wants us to give away 8 Libros de Mormón as a companionship every day and to use it as our first contact. The first time we did it we gave away 8 books and we had so many appointments to get to the next day! With all the commotion it was hard to find time to do it again,  I am going to get back into the groove this week. I think two factors that are holding us back is organization and time management, But with a little polishing we will be potent forces to be dealt with in good ol' Villa Soldati.

I had a fun experience yesterday with a lady. We were trying to be all multidimensional and so when my companions were talking at one house, I went to contact the neighboring one. I am still trying to figure out a good way to start the contact so it comes more natural, and I saw the house had a cat sticker outside (and I love cats) and when the lady answered the door I hadn't quite prepared myself and was like, ''ummm, hi. I like your cat sticker'' but it seemed to work and we got talking and she seems so prepared! Somehow introducing the LDM food fell on the floor and she was like ''Esto es más importante que torta frita'' (This is more important than the scone). Yeah it is. By the end she was holding the Book of Mormon like it was the most precious thing in the world! We are going to pass by Tuesday, but I am holding for good things! Pray for her! She also has the most gorgeous cat. It is like the one from the grumpy cat memes, but not grumpy. =) 

Well that is about it for this week! I LOVE being a missionary, it is the most difficult thing I have ever done, but I wouldn't change it for the world. 

See you all soon enough!
Elder Hardcastle

No comments:

Post a Comment