Monday, March 7, 2016

Two weeks in, six weeks more

Buenos días from Buenos Aires (third time using this is the charm)!

Hey so guess what. I totally spaced it this last week and didn't even tell you that Elder Bednar came to visit us this last week. He came to give a televised conference to the whole South America South Area and it was transmitted from the Chapel in Caballito, in Buenos Aires North Mission boundaries! So it was doubly cool because I saw Elder Bednar in person and we didn't even have to travel that far! All the missions in Buenos Aires came over for the occasion, and I even saw someone from school that's in Bs.As. Este and I totally didn't even recognize him! I had to play the whole act-excited-until-you-see-the-nametag game. haha oops. But hey! It's all good. Elder Bednar asked us to read three of his talks before the broadcast to prepare, and they were about faith and conversion, and also about being agents that act rather then being acted upon, and they were sooooo good, the talks and the conference. I love the whole ''go and do'' motto of the church. JUST GO AND DO PEOPLE HAVE FAITH IN GOD AND FORGET THE REST.

And now, back to this week. I kept a pretty current journal this week (my struggle of a lifetime) because we had quite a few pleasant occurrences throughout the week. Let me explain. 

So Tuesday we were talking with a less active at her kiosco (it's like a little store people make in their houses to sell food or general commodities) and as we were talking, another woman came up to us and started talking! Neither I nor my companion knew who she was, but she told us she was a less active! So we talked with her and she basically thought that we were the cream cheese, and she was holding a bag which had muffins and cupcakes and she like gave us a few cupcakes and a TON of muffins in this little Winnie the Pooh plastic bag. They tasted pretty good, but I didn't want to carry the bag or the muffins the whole day, so we ate some and gave the rest out to members=) 

Wednesday was a sad day. So last Monday I took my laundry to the lavandería to get washed. Well we went to go reclaim our clothes the next day but I didn't need anything from the bag so I just sort of put it on a desk and left it there. I opened it up the next day and LIKE ALL MY WHITES HAD BLACK STAINS. Little black and yellow marks. I'm not sure exactly how it happened , but I think it had something to do with a pair of pants I have that had a pen explode in the pocket (just so you all know, that it is the second time pens have destroyed  my pants here and I am not amused). I separated the white clothes from the colored ones before we went but I think the lady must have just thrown everything in together. Ughhh. I could not concentrate at all that day during my personal study time. But I am all okay now=)

Saturday we had a member accompanying us for visits that is super funny. She reminds me of Sister VANessa Pixton, so just a quick shout out for that. But we were going around looking for people, and there was a small army of Jehovah's Witnesses taking their turns around the area. Like literally they lined the whole street! So we started talking about them with our member and she told us that she doesn't have a problem when they come past her house, that we have the same God and the only difference is that they don't have all the truth. This wasn't anything new I had heard but it struck me. I am so happy to be in the fullness of the Gospel, and I am also glad that other people act with what truth they might have to try and make the world a better place. Now we just have to help everyone have an opportunity to experience the whole truth and we'd just be perfect!

That's about all from this side of the world. Hope your week is fun and spiritually uplifting! Now go use your agency to ACT!

See you all soon enough!
Elder Hardcastle

Oops I never explained the topic line. This transfer is weird, the church changed this transfer to eight weeks instead of six. So yeah. 

No comments:

Post a Comment