Tuesday, March 15, 2016

A Man of Many Nations

Greeting greetings, one and all!

Would you like a little explanation of the title of this email? Well, being an extranjero (that means foreigner) and not having the perfect porteño accent (one day...), I get asked a lot, ''¿De dónde sos?'' Well I got bored of just saying ''Yo soy de los Estados Unidos'' and, since I am not the type-A super white Yankee and have been told I that I done have a very yankee accent, I have decided to throw the question right back at them and ask, ''¿De dónde piensa?'' I have received French, British, Chilean, and Mexican within the last two weeks, so you can say I am pretty dang fancy, if I say so myself. 

Nothing to extraordinary happened this last week. Jokes, something did We have one investigator that is progressing quite well, AND HE WENT TO CHURCH! Which is a requirement here for investigators to progress, and it is SOOOO HAAAARD sometimes. He is around 35 years old and is separated from his wife and they have two kids. But anyways we invited him to church and he said yes and we asked if we could stop by his house before church to make sure he got there okay. He was like ''No, I want to go by myself'' which lot's of people say, and means that 'No, I do not want to go to church thank you very much.'' But we did what we could. Sunday came around and he didn't show up for the first class. But while we were in Gospel Principles he came! And it was a really good lesson on the Restoration and the teacher bore strong testimony about his conversion. So all is well in Soldati. I'll just testify once again about the importance of members. I am so glad I got called to this mission! We try to do everything with the members. Finding with members, finding through members, appointments with members. And if plans fall through with members, we find other members! Some days it is less than easy, we may not always have a ton of investigators through this method of finding and teaching, but it is the direction of our mission and helps us to find the people that are more likely to progress and be baptized, more likely to flourish in the gospel. It's so great!

Speaking of members, this last week we had a lesson with a less active family. The mom started telling us about how they don't go to the church any more because they don't know what church is true. Okayyyyy. We spent quite a bit of time with this woman and her daughters about the importance of the Book of Mormon in our conversion to the Gospel, but they kept coming up with silly excuses for leaving and staying away from the church, so we left them with an invitation to return to the church and to start reading the Book of Mormon again, and we testified with power.  I don't know if they felt the Spirit because they were so set on their points of view, but I did. I have such a testimony that we don't get a testimony by sitting down and complaining about it. We need to act. 

Also I forgot to say this last week, but two Sundays ago we were walking to church with a family in our ward and as we were walking in the street there was this doll thing made from woven grass. I thought it was pretty cool, so I investigated it for a second. The others noticed and told me it was a doll thing from a macumba, which is like a ritual or something like that from satan worshippers. So that's neat.

Also I am the official mom of the pension. I cook, I clean the bidet (I LOVE BIDETS), I cut Elder McBride's hair. So yeah. I just keep finding all sorts of fun things to do!. (Jokes they do have their limits, in soccer, I am still one of the worst players for all of you who were concerned)

Well, that's all, folks! Love you all and see you soon enough!

Sincerely, 
Elder Hardcastle

Pics--- later. we are having issues here

No comments:

Post a Comment