Thursday, March 31, 2016

La Semana Santa and President Obama

Hey Everyone!

I wore a sweater this week one day, just so you are aware.

Well, It was a week! Haha not to much to report. Sorry to have been a little off the radar, I have been wanting to answer back some of the personal emails I have been getting from other people. Lot's of things are happening in the world! Speaking of the world, us folk in Argentina received a visit from the one and only President Obama! I think they like him here. I thought it was a little paradoxical, because I was closer to him this week here in a foreign country than I ever was in the USA. Isn't that fancy?

This week was a bit of a downer. Elder Juzga and I have decided to work with finding elegidos, which means elect. They are people that pass the filters (married, don't work Sundays, have desires to learn more) and accept a baptismal date in the first contact. Woah, that is a lot, right? And this week it was tough and we didn't find anyone who fit this idea. But we did have the chance to get to know some good people, and I think we planted some good seeds for future missionaries.

Fun fact: Holy week is a biggish deal here, and some members got confused about the differences between catholism and, we had to clear up that no, as members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, It is not a commandment that you have to eat fish like Friday or something. =) 

I am running out of time (like ALWAYS), But I hope this satisfies you until next week. 

See you all soon enough!
Elder Hardcastle =)

No photos because no.

No comments:

Post a Comment