Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Travel plans

Travel plans came this last week.

But before we get to that, here is the lowdown of the last 7 days!

We got to do a Skype TRC with a person from ARGENTINA! Her name was Isabel, and she lived way clear down south in Neuquin... I think it's how it spelled. Me and Elder Sargent talked to her about the Restoration, and then we started talking about how all things are possible through Christ. After that Elder Sargent asked her to bear her testimony. She got pretty emotional and to be honest I couldn't really understand what she was saying, but I did hear that she said life can be really hard. So basically our lesson worked perfectly, at least in my opinion. If y'all ever need a pick me up, read the last couple of verses in Romans 8. In fact, just read the whole chapter because it's AMAZING. 

We wrapped up teaching our teachers ('Alex' and 'Alberto') and Nayeli this week. Our final lesson with all of them was on Baptism, and Alex and Alberto accepted! Even though they were just our teachers, they were playing investigators they had, and it felt so good to be able share something that is so special to me and see them accept it and apply it and change for the better. I seriously love our teachers here, Hno. Magallanes and Hno. Weekes are super duper great. Plus I'm pretty sure me and my companion are basically their favorites too so it whatever :)

Our last meeting with Nayeli was sad. We really had a 180 degree change with her, and she was legitimately sad we couldn't teach her anymore. BUT now we are teaching other people in our district, and guess who gets to act as an investigator? THIS KID. This is probably as close to acting as I'll get for two years, so I'll enjoy it while I can. IT IS SO FUN. My name is Ignacio, and I've based him off of myself if I didn't have the gospel. Its crazy to think of all the ways the gospel has blessed me, and how my life would be completely unrecognizable without it. THE GOSPEL IS GOOD PEOPLE.

...so back to the moment you have been waiting for. Our travel plans came Friday, and
...and
...AND

I AM LEAVING FOR BUENOS AIRES MONDAY! My FBI clearance went through I so my next stop is Argentina! Yesss. So next time you hear from me, I will be on the other side of the equator. I AM SO EXCITED. I still cannot speak this language well, but that's okay because that's life, and I can understand most of what my teachers tell me now and so looking for the positives is how you should take life. But I am so excited for this new adventure. 
Until then, chau! (seriously, that is how they spell it in Spanish)

See you all soon enough!
Elder Hardcastle


District 38C Elders love Argentina





Elder Holtry has skills





No comments:

Post a Comment