Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Too much time with Sister Lemon

Beunos Dias Ustedes!

Notice: Me and Sister Lemon don't spend too much time together. But we do see each other a lot and sing together in choir and sat by each other on our Sunday movie time and such and saw each other after watching the fireworks. So if ya'll are jealous cuz we are having a mormon party over here, it's going to be okay :) 

Not very much to report, I mean like basically its the same every day! BUT I will share a KILLER moment from this week with our TRC investigator (training resource center, which is as close to a real investigator as we get)  Nayeli. 

We had our fourth lesson with her yesterday, and when we first began teaching her she was kind of stand-offish, but has warmed up more to us lately. 

Let me start from the beginning:

on Monday Hermano Rios (aka Jorge) pulled me out of class during personal study hour to see how my studying was going and how to improve. It made a whale of a difference! He said to devote the time to your investigator's need, so we worked on finding stuff that would help Nayeli. She has tensions with her mom, and so we decided to address that. As we were looking for an answer in the scriptures, I though of the story where Nephi breaks his bow and basically his whole family gets mad at him but he flies above the haters and makes a new bow and humbles his family through his example (see 1 Nephi 16:18-31) Hermano Rios said he didn't even think of that scripture, but that it would be awesome! So I prepared for it and we worked on it more in companion study under the guidance of Hermano Rios, and I had some pretty good material! The only part that was scary was my Spanish; the day before I had just come from a really tough lesson with Alex (Hermano Weekes), where I basically said only two sentences and my companion did the rest of the talking. BUT I really wanted to do most of the lesson with Nayeli and didn't want it all written out and just staring at my notes the whole time. So I only wrote down like two sentences and vocab I needed. PEOPLE. IT WENT SO GOOD. Nayeli has a hard time believing the Book of Mormon is true, but she was like "I am Nephi! We are the same."  It was so funny and we were laughing so much, and she really loved the lesson and told us she would talk with her mom and try to offer to help her, to be an example to her family and take the first step at strengthening her relationship with her mom. AND we got her to pray! Afterwards, Hermano Magallanes (one of our teachers) pulled us aside and said that he'd never seen her like that before so early on in meeting with the missionaries! (there are cameras that film you while you teach) It was sosososososo good. I  have learned two things while meeting with Nayeli; The first one is to BE PATIENT AND STRONG.  When we first met with Nayeli, we hated it because she was so unresponsive. Now it's great! The second thing is that THE HOLY GHOST CAN BE WITH YOU EVEN WHEN YOU ARE LAUGHING. We tend to think of the spirit as a tearful testimony, and that is not always the case! One of the fruits of the Spirit is JOY. And let me tell you, there was much joy to be had in that lesson. It was my greatest experience yet at the MTC I think!

Yo creo que Dios es verdadero, y que Jesucristo es Su hijo, y que nos aman. Yo quiero las escrituras. Ellos consolan, calman, y traen compresivo grande. Yo se que este evangelio me ayuda a vivir feliz. Puede estar dificil, pero es que vale la pena. En el nombre de Jesucristo, Amen.

Love you all, thanks for the emails! 
See you all soon enough!
Elder Hardcastle

COMPANION AND FIREWORKS!!!!!




COMPANION AND TIFFANY AND HER COMPANION (after) FIREWORKS!!!!!





okay bye.



No comments:

Post a Comment