Monday, December 12, 2016

The cibercafe is closed AGAIN

...So we are writing direct from the capilla (oops I mean church...)

But yeah, so this week:

This week was A LAS CORRIDAS. That means busy. Is it already el 12 de Diciembre? My mind tells me no, the heat tells me SIIIIIIIIIII. Today is especially toasty. We spent just about half the week in Zárate. 

Monday afternoon during proselyting time the zone leaders called us and were like ''hey we want to do divisiones with you guys tomorrow, come over,'' so we were like ''okay cool.''  We grabbed our things and went to the bus terminal to make the hour long trek to Zárate! Then Tuesday I was with my good new friend Elder Rumualdo, from Mexico. We are both kind of bummed because we pretty much got to know each other this last transfer, and he's going home at the end of this transfer. But he is a SUPER missionary. I learned a lot from him. He helped me work on being even more bold and talking with more people. So we talked to a lot of people and shared seven Libros de Mormón with follow-up visits! And then the next day my companion had a leadership capacitación in San Fernando, so I was left to work with Elder Coltrin from Idaho, while our companion's went to the meeting. And we were filled with fire, and we shared ANOTHER seven Libros de Mormón with follow-up visits! Woot! By this point I was filled with even more fire, So Wednesday when we went back to Baradero to work for the day before going back to Zárate that night and I was SO ready to talk! And so I really pushed myself to talk to a ton a people. I am pretty sure I have never tried talking to so many people in my mission before in one day. And we gave away zero Libros de Mormón with follow-up visits. Woooot! jaja it was a bit of a bummer, but I finished the day feeling bastante pleased with my efforts, thank you very much. 

It's actually been kind of my focus of the week. I have been thinking quite a bit about Ether 12:27

And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.

If we are humble and do what Christ wants us to do, rather than what we want to do (which is NOT easy all the time), he will help us to be able to overcome our weaknesses. Sometimes we may be a little bit stubborn and it may take us a while, BUT WE HAVE GOT TO DO IT! It's the only way one we can improve! It's the most important thing we can do! So be humble. 

Also, the senior couple, the Anderson's to put up curtains in our house. You guys need to meet them, they are buena gente. I took pictures with them. And they are how I want to be when I am older. 

Okay, well got to go for now. Be safe. Be humble. and I'll see you all soon enough!

Bye.

Elder Hardcastle=)

1. Rule Breakers 
(it's like 10:30 and we're waiting to go home)

2. Elder Rumualdo and I

3. Elder Juzga and I


4. It's getting hot outside and the cats are getting risky

5. Apparently this little guy can burn you.


New curtains with the Anderson's




No comments:

Post a Comment