Monday, November 21, 2016

Happy Thanksgiving!

Greetings from Baradero!

First off, this place is sooooo beautiful. I love it But there are no buses in the city, so we are walking EVERYWHERE. I love the zone, too. There are a lot of good missionaries here and I really admire the leaders here in Zárate. We did divisiones with the Zone leaders Tuesday and it was really good. Elder Zambrano doesn't leave a single stone unturned. We were talking the whole day to people! and Right before the day ended we were able to give out the last of our six Books of Mormon. I wasn't sure if we would do it! but we did. 

I am thoroughly enjoying my time here with elder Martinez. HE IS KELSEY HALL BUT LATINO. We are very similar and are constantly cracking up. I think what differences we do have are very complementary and together we are seeing some great things. 

The work is work, as always. I'm going to try and be extra jolly when I say hello to the people. Like they say, give a little to get a little! We did have a really good experience this week that I would like to share with you. We were out proselyting and there was a lady outside her house watering the outside of her house, and I decided to go and talk to her. After the first few moments she told us that she was part of another religion and yada yada yada, so I told her, ''Great! because we want to share the word of Christ with you!'' to which she kept on trying to give us the hint that she was not interested. Well, we had come from a day that had been less than eventful, and I wasn't quite ready to give in yet, thank you very much. So I told her, ''Look, we're not here to bug you. We are here because we know that this book is true and will be a blessing in your life.''

The lady then replied, ''Well, I'm not maleducada (sorry , don't know the translation... impolite/rude?). You want me to read the book?'' and we said ''YESSSSS! And then we'll meet with you again.''
...And she accepted! By the time she finished talking to us, she had warmed up quite a bit, enough to try and kiss us (Don't worry guys, we didn't let her)! She said it was a big coincidence that we were even there talking to her, because if she had been in her house, she would have just told us to leave (which we had done previously to my companion). It helped me with my testimony that I need to be bold. This week I am going to try and find way to better answer the common excuses, to see if I can find a spark of interest to feed on. 

That's about it for now. I love you guys! Have a great Thanksgiving! I am grateful for this Gospel. It has been so great to see my testimony and conversion strengthening and changing these last 17 months. Sometimes I'm like. ''Am I saying that?'' This is truly the true church with the fullness of the everlasting Gospel. 

See you all soon enough!

Elder Hardcastle

The cat in the neighbor's yard that was looking at me.  
Isn't it lovely?



Taking bus/airplane to Zarate.


The siesta is REAL.


Plaza Mitre


No comments:

Post a Comment