Monday, June 6, 2016

Villero for liiiiife

Hey so we had transfers. Surprise! and my dear Elder Juzga left =( and so I am staying here for a little bit longer (or a lot a bit, I'll explain later) with Elder Bohn, from Texas, my first yankee companion! So that's pretty cool. But it won't last long because I am going to kill him (jokes that just means I am his last companion because he is wrapping up his mission this transfer). He is also going to leave two weeks before the end of the transfer. So I don't even know what they are going to do with me. =(  And that's like at the same time our new president, President Smith, is going to get here so I will probably go get forgotten in the Villa Soldati. Haha just kidding! I'll probably go back to the trio life, so that is just two cans of pure joy!

This transfer has gone by pretty smooth so far. Elder Bohn, like I said, is finishing up his mission and was a zone leader and everything and so I am trying to learn a lot from him. We worked a lot with our recent converts and less actives and although we didn't see the results we were wanting in the church this week (seriously I just want to be like Sister Voyles from the District 2 and scream JUST COME TO CHURCH! and then I do it), But! One investigator came! He couldn't stay for all of it but He did enjoy the first two hours, so that is great! We just need to keep up the work and keep going. We really want to see a baptism before Elder Bohn leaves. It looks like I will be staying here in Soldati for the long run, but that is just fine with me! I'm thinking about another three months here because Elder Bohn will leave and then I will have to help the next elder get to know the area after him. I WILL BE THE KING OF SOLDATI.  I already told our ward mission leader and some other members and they all seem pretty happy. It's cool because I am seeing a lot of changes here! Like now we are having a lot more help from the members, and I am the grand master of getting the YSA to come and do visits with us. =)  I am really happy!

Also, to make me even happier, this week we had a house inspection from the Anderson's, the only senior couple in the mission, and it was like one of the greatest hours of my whole life! They are this precious couple from Kansas and are a hoot. And they are super great: they are helping us missionaries update our apartments, since lot's of the stuff we have is old and not always top-notch. I was talking to them about how I cook and they let me take a whole bunch of stuff to make it all better. =) I love them.

That's about it for this week! Que sepan que les re quiero y que ¡les verĂ© pronto!

Attm:
Elder Hardcastle

No comments:

Post a Comment