Monday, April 11, 2016

The (almost) Dengue Days are (not) Over

Howdy Everyone!
So don't freak out just yet. I am LOTS better now. But this last week Eldersito Hardcastle took a little tumble once again in the illness boat. Let me explain a bit.
This last week we were eating with some members and I there was a piece of meat. As I was eating it, I realized that it was not cooked 100% through in one area. More like maybe 30%. I ate around it to avoid it, but when it was all that was left I just looked at it and told myself 'You cannot eat this'. Luckily I am learning about all my talents here in the mission, and I guess I am pretty good at hiding food too (I have only had to do it twice so far. but so far, so good), so I snuck it away into my fanny pack (it is a miracle bag). But I think the parts that I did eat did some damage and the next day I had nausea and after our zone meeting I threw up in the premetro/subway station. Don't worry, I was outside. After that I called Sister Ayres again and she told me to take a rest. We were going to go back to work after a couple of hours but I felt bad again and so we took another sick day. Two in two weeks! Through all of this my immune system was beat and I'm pretty sure I had bronchitis for a couple days after, but hey. I'm back to the grind and happy to be there!
Elder Juzga and I have been talking about how we can improve our work here in Soldati, and we decided that we were going to start working with a greater sense of urgency. And we did it! We had a fun experience yesterday when we went with a member to contact the reference she had. We went to the house and they told us that this man didn't live there. But we got talking to her and she was so great! I invited her to be baptized and she told us that if it fills her, then yes! We were like YEAH IT IS GOING TO FILL YOU! It was so great! It is always great when you find elegidos!
Bus prices went up this week, and there was a sort of protest, we think. At first I thought there was an accident because there was a bit of smoke and police, but then some teenagers ran around banging stuff and saying some bad words, at least that's what the Latino elders in the apartment told me. Either way it was pretty lame and not quite as exciting as I was thinking. 

We have a fun new past time in the apartment- JENGA!  I don't exactly know where the jenga set came from, but now we play it every so often before we go to bed. I have sadly lost a bit of my touch, but my companion is playing surprisingly good! We have even created a new verb- jengar. ¿Podemos jengar hoy? Sí, jengaremos esta noche. ¡Nos gusta jengar! Just some example on how one might use this new verb.  =)
That's it for this week! Sorry my emails seem to be so short! But I hope you all enjoy them nonetheless. This week, I hope you all share a spiritual thought with a friend. Fill them with the Spirit and your testimony!
See you all soon enough!
Con Amor,
Elder Hardcastle
1 and 2: Cats of Argentina




3. Elder Juzga REALLY likes his empanadas.



No comments:

Post a Comment