Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Bright Lights Big City

Really it's just one bright light and it is called el sol, but hey, I MADE IT TO THE CAPITAL. I am currently serving in Soldati 3 which is a villa or for lack of a better word, it is basically the ghetto. Once upon a time when we would have family Survivor time there was a lady from New York or somewhere over there and she said ' the hood is not the wood' and that just keeps coming to my brain and I keep laughing to myself. I do that a lot. It's fun. But it is true. It is a completely different vibe but I am in love with it. 

Let me explain what a villa is, for those of you who don't know. Villas are property that the government doesn't own, and therefore the people that live there do not need to pay taxes. So everyone flocks to them, and when you can't build out, you build up. They kind of just pop out every so often here. They can be slightly dangerous at times, but they have another thing coming if they think they can mess with Elder Hardcastle.  Haha procedure is if they try to rob us we give them what they ask, so I will be doing that.  =)   But DON'T FREAK OUT WE HAVE THE PROTECTION OF THE LORD. I am in an apartment of 4 again, so that is jazzy. Us elders share the area, which sounds a little weird but it's all good.  We do not share investigators, they are first come first serve.  =) Right now we don't have anyone with a baptismal date, but I hope we can change that up soon. 

For my last Sunday in Los Polvorines, I was blessed with three baptisms. It was good to see the fruits of my labors pay off, and I was able to baptize a chica we were working with. =)
I will miss my friends in Los Polvorines, but now we are off to another area in the Lord's vineyard!

Love you all, got to go but see you all soon enough!
Elder Hardcastle


Baptisms, Me and My favorite Brasilero, 




Elder Lobato (please note the cute heart in the back), 




and we seriously had some of the best views in San Miguel


No comments:

Post a Comment