Monday, April 3, 2017

Conference Weekend is the Best Weekend

Hi (I can't think of anything more original to say)

So how are you all? This week we had lots of things going on like zone conference, a baptismal interview, a baptism, and GENERAL CONFERENCE which left us with pretty much just two full days of work. But it's all good because Conference was full of inspiration and revelation, and this week will be great. 

This week I learned that there is no such thing as an easy baptism. We have been working with this wonderful little grandma named Ester. She is the mother of a lady that got baptized about 21 years ago and is such a dear lady. I got to El Talar and the Elders had already been teaching her and she was so ready I thought, “This will be the easiest baptism ever!”  WRONG. Trying to get everything done in the Lord's way was hard, and even though there was quite a bit of opposition and stress in the process, we held to our integrity and Ester was able to be baptized before the Saturday Conference with a last minute surprise visit from Presidente Smith to support her!

Also I saw my very first Latino rap battle in the park the other day. That was pretty neat. 

And GENERAL CONFERENCE. I love listening to the leaders of this Church. They are truly inspired by our Father in Heaven. I especially enjoyed the continued theme of the Godhead and listening and following the promptings of the Holy Ghost THE FIRST TIME THEY COME. I know I am guilty of letting the little thoughts go by justifying them and putting up excuses, but Conference gave me a little nudge telling me that I need to work on acting first and asking questions later. And of course, L. Whitney Clayton gave one of my favorite talks, speaking about being obedient to the small things to see solutions to the big problems in our life. So, I ask you guys: Are you studying the scriptures daily? Are you keeping the Sabbath day holy or just going to church? Are you praying every day? If you are lacking in these things, I'd like to invite you to starting doing them=) I know that by doing these things we come can nearer to our Savior! I know I have found lots of strength and peace and joy as I have tried my best to do this.

I hope you all have a great week! See you all soon enough!

Atentamente,

Elder Hardcastle


The cutest little 84 year old Argentine grandma there is.


Huevos de Pascua






No comments:

Post a Comment